Sudden download issues

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Sudden download issues

Postby PuckTheJoker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:21 am

I don't know if this problem actually has anything to do with Newsbin, but I thought this was a good place to start. All of a sudden on Sunday the 17th, I tried downloading an nzb. Rather than downloading the rar parts, it instead shows a bunch of random named files without an extension and they are useless.

PuckTheJoker
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/23/11

Re: Sudden download issues

Postby Quade » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:29 am

There are certain posting types these days that only work if autopar is enabled and allowed to download pars.

The PARS will eventually rename the files into RARS. This is becoming pretty common these days. If you can't get it to work you might want to try the latest beta.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Sudden download issues

Postby PuckTheJoker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:52 am

Here is what my AutoPAR options look like, I don't believe I've changed them recently.

One nzb I grabbed tonight worked just fine even though other nzbs of the same show didn't. Also, I took a small file that only had 5 parts and downloaded the parts one at a time and then renamed them 1.rar, 2.rar, etc. I then was able to unrar the file but I don't want to do that every time. I'll check out the beta, thanks.

UPDATE:
I installed the beta and went back to try two files that didn't work previously and they work now. Thanks for all the help.
PuckTheJoker
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/23/11

Return to Newbie Forum