Newsbin Usenet Search Disabled

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Newsbin Usenet Search Disabled

Postby ozzykiller » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:06 pm

New to Newsbin. :?:
I just bougth Newsbin Pro 6.80B10 Build:4981 with no net service.
to use it with my Usenetserver service.
and I received an error
"Newsbin Usenet Search Disabled"
The ability to queue files for download based on these search results is only available to subscribers of our Internet Search Service. If you are seeing this message then there is no active subscription associated with the key used to register Newsbin. This is an optional service, it is not required for downloading files from Usenet. You can still search previously downloaded headers by setting the Search tab into 'Local' mode. There are three subscription options:

so this means I need to cancel my current Usenet service.
it just to work fine with giganews service when I was using the trial version.
now I got Usenetserver service.
help please.

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/20/17

Re: Newsbin Usenet Search Disabled

Postby Quade » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:10 pm

1 - You always need a news server so, there's nothing to cancel. We don't supply a news server.

2 - The search service is optional. If you want to use the search feature in newsbin to FIND content to download you need a subscription. You still need a news server to actually download the files from.

3 - You might want to use the support form on the main website to contact Dex. See if he has some alternative to maybe pay the difference to turn on the search sub.
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum