watch folder disapearing

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

watch folder disapearing

Postby beanos66 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:29 am

I have NBP 6.80RC2

I have the NZB options setup with 3 folders on a drobo 5N
NBP/[incomplete]
NBP/[complete]
NBP/[watch]

I have sickbeard setup to download NZBs to NBP/[watch] then scan NBP/[complete] to post process

the trouble is that after processing, the [watch] folder gets deleted therefore sickbeard cannot save the next NZB

how do I stop the [watch] folder from being deleted?
beanos66
n00b
n00b

Re: watch folder disapearing

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 am

You could stick a dummy file in there to keep it from getting deleted. Honestly though that's not how Sonarr and Newsbin should be working together.

"Black Hole" which is the mode you're using, has been deprecated in Sonarr and could go away at any time. I'd suggest you add Newsbin as a "Sab" download client, just use an API key and no SSL. Then when Sonarr sends NZB's to Newsbin it'll do it directly over the TCP connection and when the download completes Sonarr can find the unrared file over TCP too. I'd also upgrade to RC4 too. The options in Newsbin are the "Remote NZB" options.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby beanos66 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:39 am

Quade wrote:You could stick a dummy file in there to keep it from getting deleted. Honestly though that's not how Sonarr and Newsbin should be working together.

"Black Hole" which is the mode you're using, has been deprecated in Sonarr and could go away at any time. I'd suggest you add Newsbin as a "Sab" download client, just use an API key and no SSL. Then when Sonarr sends NZB's to Newsbin it'll do it directly over the TCP connection and when the download completes Sonarr can find the unrared file over TCP too. I'd also upgrade to RC4 too. The options in Newsbin are the "Remote NZB" options.

I'm not using sonarr. I'm using sickbeard app on the drobo 5N

I have the same setup on 2 drobo 5n's on 1 the watch folder doesn't dissapear on the other it does and I can't figure out why
beanos66
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Sickbeard can send the NZB directly too.

I'd do what I suggested and toss a dummy file in there. Make sure you're not downloading to the NZB folder. It sounds almost like your watch folder is being used for the download folder too. Download and unrar both try to clean up empty folders.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby beanos66 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Quade wrote:Sickbeard can send the NZB directly too.

I'd do what I suggested and toss a dummy file in there. Make sure you're not downloading to the NZB folder. It sounds almost like your watch folder is being used for the download folder too. Download and unrar both try to clean up empty folders.

in NZB Options
NZB Watch Folder R:\[NBP]\[watch]\
Download Folder R:\[NBP]\[incomplete]\$(NZBFILE)\
Unrar folder R:\[NBP]\[complete]\

all the folders where being deleted after processing but NBP recreated the [incomplete] and [complete] folders when downloading so no problem with those

I created a [dummy.txt] file in the watch folder and that has worked

Thank You
beanos66
n00b
n00b

Return to Newbie Forum