Where to change language?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Where to change language?

Postby RankoSaotome » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Hello again.

Like my signature mentions, I am not natively english speaking and so my win7 is set to my local language (and i wnat to keep it that way).
The installed NBP RC Versions all show me my local language.
But since I am posting here I think I need to name the problematic parts in english, so you can understand, what I see to help me.
So I have to guess the english translations of the locally named colums/options/and so on.

Question: is there a switch/option in NBP to let it switch languages back to english?

I noticed some of the betas were complete in english.
Please excuse my typos. I am not native english speaking.
= = = =
System: AMD FX8350 (8core @4GHz), 32GB DDR3, some SSD and some HDD, Win7 64bits
RankoSaotome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Where to change language?

Postby Quade » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:05 pm

I don't believe the RC's let you change languages. You'll probably have to wait till the release to be able to pick different languages. I'll verify this with Dex.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Where to change language?

Postby dexter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 am

Language selection is turned on for the RC releases. You will get the option to select the language when you run the installer. There is a quirk where you need to select the language twice, once when you start, and again after the UAC kicks in to get Administrator rights.

There are a number of words that are untranslated for this version and we are always looking for volunteers to fill them in. Look at the community translation site at http://translate.newsbin.com and let me know if you are willing/able to contribute.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum