Auto Reforming Rar Files

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Auto Reforming Rar Files

Postby Parishoner2k » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 am

Hello there.

I'm sure this is something very easy and its co i'm an idiot i don't know how to fix. However within the last couple of days when i'm downloading files with multiple rar files Newsbin is no longer auto regrouping these into one usable file they are just staying as the individual rar files.

Does anybody know how I can make it auto regroup these files again?

TIA

regards

Steve
Parishoner2k
n00b
n00b

Re: Auto Reforming Rar Files

Postby Quade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:29 am

There have been a rash of NZB Files lately which don't have PAR files so, if they're missing a single block of data they don't unrar.

Code: Select all
[AutoRAR]
EarlyDecode=1

If you add this to the configuration file in any of the 6.80 versions, it'll force an unrar even if the PAR says an NFO is missing.

The default name for the configuration is "Newsbin.nbi" and in the options, if you select "Open Data Folder" you should see the file there in that folder. You can use WordPad to edit it. You might want to make a backup of the file first too. Exit Newsbin before you edit it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum