Change in NZB handling?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Change in NZB handling?

Postby RankoSaotome » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:03 pm

Hello.

Did a change in handling NZB files happen?

In the past I could configure (install) NBP that way, that a launched NZB file from a file manager directly startet the download in NBP (Downloading Files window).

Since I use/used NZB to get postings that I missed or deleted, NBP would filter this downloads because they were already loaded in the past.
I asked here in the newbie section what to do so I could load NZB without NBP automatically filterin them.
I got the answer to use the load NZB menueentry. That way the NZB content goes to a selctionwindow and I can select, what I want an bypass the Filter. That worked.

Well, I do not know since what version this may be changed, but when I now use the menue to load NZB the content goes straight to the Downloading Files window and starts, without me beeing able to select something.

Am i right? did you change the behavior or what do I make wrong?

Right now I am at NBP 6.82B1 Build 5088.
Please excuse my typos. I am not native english speaking.
= = = =
Dell Optiplex 7010 I7-3770(4coreHT @3,4GHz), 24GB Ram, some SSD & HDD, Win10Pro 64bit
RankoSaotome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Change in NZB handling?

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:31 pm

What part of the change are you not happy with? There were a couple changes. One change (which will revert to the way it was in the next beta) is that loading NZB's with the load NZB button obeys the "send to download list" options. Some people didn't like that so in the next beta it'll go back to the way it worked in 6.81.

Another changes is whether the duplicate detector applies to NZB's. The answer is now but I'm probably going to revert that change so. The issue is I don't want the duplicate detector when NZB's are fed remotely.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby RankoSaotome » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 am

Hello.

Quade wrote:One change (which will revert to the way it was in the next beta) is that loading NZB's with the load NZB button obeys the "send to download list" options. Some people didn't like that so in the next beta it'll go back to the way it worked in 6.81.

Okay, that is the part I am unhappy with the most, since I can't select the desired posts from the NZB prior do sending to download list.

Quade wrote:Another changes is whether the duplicate detector applies to NZB's. The answer is now but I'm probably going to revert that change so. The issue is I don't want the duplicate detector when NZB's are fed remotely.

With this change I am not sure what to say. In the past I could decide if I want to detect duplicates in the NZB fed posts.
Setting this to a fixed behaviour either way does need more manual work to get the downloadresult someone wants.
Example:
- When I did accidently delete a file and want to download it again, w´then I do not want doublicate filtering.
- When I just want to catch up with the older posts I missed I want to download the Posts, I do not already have. TRhe filtering would be prefered.
Please excuse my typos. I am not native english speaking.
= = = =
Dell Optiplex 7010 I7-3770(4coreHT @3,4GHz), 24GB Ram, some SSD & HDD, Win10Pro 64bit
RankoSaotome
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:57 am

These days, there's a whole class of NZB's that won't really work properly unless they're fed directly to the download list. That's what's behind the change to make more of them feed the download list. It's a hard problem because many people don't know about that.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum