Keeping copies of NZB files

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Keeping copies of NZB files

Postby Bilbo2010 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:34 pm

I think it was in a previous version of Newsbin a while back, using latest, but I had a watch folder c:\Downloads. And once the NZB file was downloaded and picked up by Newsbin, it stored (or perhaps moved???) a copy of the nzb file into a Loaded directory in the same folder c:\Downloads\Loaded. Is there a way of doing that now?

I just lost a hard disk and it would have been useful to access this again. Any way I can re-enable this or do this in any way?

Any help, as always, much appreciated.
Bilbo2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Keeping copies of NZB files

Postby itimpi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm

NZBs are now put into the NZBs folder within the Newsbin Data folder. However I believe that they are deleted from there after a few days so you need to copy them elsewhere if you wanted to keep them for longer.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby Bilbo2010 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 am

OK, think what I will do that (seems obvious now) is download NZB files to a directory, then periodically copy then into the watch directory to get uploaded by Newsbin. Then I retain a copy.

Thanks.
Bilbo2010
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby dexter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am

You can control how long Newsbin will hold on to temporary files with a variable in the newsbin.nbi file. It impacts all the managed folders in the Newsbin Data Folder but you can use this to hold on to NZB files longer if you want: http://help.newsbin.com/index.php/V660- ... rary_files
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum