Trying to recover - backups are corrupted

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Trying to recover - backups are corrupted

Postby redphyve » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:58 am

Hi

Before I absolutely borked my system trying to be "clever", the way Newsbin worked for me before was that if I went onto sites like Drunken Slug, and clicked on an nzb, it opened Newsbin and downloaded the show into a folder in my pc. But after the borkage and reinstallation, the nbi file I did have in a different location does nothing when I load the backup on restart. I have managed with a lot of guessing and swearing managed to get Sonarr and Newbin talking to each other and loading straight to the folder, like before. First picture

But if I click on an nzb in drunken slug it just downloads straight into the folder WITHOUT making a subfolder. The settings for newsbin are shown in the included screenshot. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it.

Also a less important thing, between clicking on an nzb file and it downloading on Newsbin, there's like a pause of about 20 seconds before it appears in the main Downloading tab in newsbin....

Any help would be gratefully appreciate by me, at my age things don't come as easy to me as they did before.

Thanks!

redphyve
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/25/06

Re: Trying to recover - backups are corrupted

Postby billynews » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:53 am

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly but it sounds like you need to add $(NZBFILE) to your UnRAR Folder - same as in the Download folder.
Check all Unrar-Folders in Setup, NZB Options, Remote NZB Interface

P.S.: If possible put your Download- and Unrar-Folder on different drives. This makes the Unrar-Process much faster. If you don't care how long it takes to download something, leave it as it is.
billynews
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/15/07

Re: Trying to recover - backups are corrupted

Postby Quade » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:32 pm

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly but it sounds like you need to add $(NZBFILE) to your UnRAR Folder - same as in the Download folder.

Yeah this.

I don't know if 6.82 can handle most modern NZB files. I'd suggest upgrading to the latest beta.

I removed one of your images. It was a bit too revealing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum