NZB's Won't Automatically Start in Newsbin Pro

Post technical questions and get help with NewsBin Pro Version 5.

NZB's Won't Automatically Start in Newsbin Pro

Postby dorakun » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Me again. I have a new problem. I 'm sure this is a common problem but i didn't recognize anything that looked similar. Anyways, I usually use www.binsearch.info to make NZB's. But whenever I create one, it just goes into my download que in firefox and stays there. They won't actively start until I manually click on them. Is there a way to fix this? If so, what do I need to do?
dorakun
n00b
n00b

Postby richy99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:15 am

options - nzb files - downbload double clicked nzb

make sure that one is ticked
richy99
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/03

Postby dorakun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:07 am

richy99 wrote:options - nzb files - downbload double clicked nzb

make sure that one is ticked

Yup, checked that, and it still doesn't work, I still have to click them manually.
dorakun
n00b
n00b

Postby richy99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:16 am

are you saving or opening them directly from firefox? works ok here opening it up

i asusme you did restaat newsbin if you ticked the option ?
richy99
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Postby Mastermind » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:24 pm

If you want to start automatic downloading, you have to save the nzb to the 'Autoload NZB Path' (in Options - NZB Files).

If you want to see the nzb in NBP like a newsgroup-tab, the you have to configure Firefox to open nzb-files in NBP.
Mastermind
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/15/03

Postby dorakun » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 pm

richy99 wrote:are you saving or opening them directly from firefox? works ok here opening it up

i asusme you did restaat newsbin if you ticked the option ?

I restarted it and I still have to click them manually. And yes, I do have the paths set to autoload NZB, but path is empty, what should the autoload path be / should I select?
dorakun
n00b
n00b

Postby imatnewz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:38 am

set the path to where you download /store your nbz files
imatnewz
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/06/04

Postby richy99 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 am

the autoload path can be anything you want, it is where you download mzb files to before newsbin woudl autoload the, you dont use this feature so it isnt needed to be set

i assume nzb files are associated with newsbin?
richy99
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Postby itimpi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:36 am

It was not clear from the original post quite what the problem was. To clarify things there are 2 ways of getting NZB files to be auto-started in Newsbin.
  • Set the Newzbin NZB Autload Path under Options->NZB Options, and download the NZB files to this location. Using this option you can also download ZIP files containing NZB files to the NZB Autoload folder and Newsbin will extract the NZB files from the ZIP file.
  • Associate NZB files with Newsbin at the Windows level and then Newsbin whould be automatically triggered when NZB files are encountered by the browser. This does require that you have a tick in the Checkbox for double-clicked NZB files to be automatically downloaded under Options-NZB Options. The NZB association with Newsbin is normally set up automatically by the Newsbin installer.
I personally prefer the first of these two methods, but lots of people use the second one as their prefered method of operation.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby xram » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:54 pm

I used to this all the time before but not anymore!
My provider is EasyNews I get my NZB file on their page, click on it, Firefox ask me you want to open it with newsbin, I click yes and bingo, it is opened in NBP , but then nothing, it tries to download the files they all are zero. I check the Status in NBP and it tells me: [19:48:59] PROTOCOL=Download Engine, SERVER=Easy, MSG=DL_DI - Failed to retrieve Article from Server Easy
[19:48:59] SERVER=Easy, MSG=SendCommand - Post Retrieval Error: 430 No such article
Now I see the files are there, I can download them manually but not with NZB.
How do you solve this? it drives me crazy!
xram
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/21/03

Postby itimpi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:22 pm

When you say you can download the files manually what do you mean? The 430 errors are being generated at the Easynews end and not by Newsbin.

If you mean via the Easynews web inteface then I am afraid that proves nothing. Easynews use different servers for their web interface, and those servers have a much longer retention than their NNTP servers.

If you mean by first downloading headers then that suggests that the NZB files you are getting are wrong in some way.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby xram » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:39 pm

Both ways, I can get the headers and download them with NBP, or from Website, the files are not that old, September01/2008!
Do you think I need to talk to Easynews support? As I said before I could do this without any problem not long ago, past 7 or 8 months without any luck!
xram
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/21/03

Return to V5 Technical Support