Download list looses the ability to dock after floating

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Download list looses the ability to dock after floating

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 pm

I have had this happen a couple of times now that after newsbin has been running for some time ( A day or two ) if I float the download list to say look a list of posts for a group when I try to dock it again the menu will not come up.

Once again not a big deal, but just another minor thing that comes up.

Things do seem to going pretty good for me with B4, so far. I had it running constantly since Saturday morning and just stopped it today to reboot my windows box.

Aaron
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/25/09

Re: Download list looses the ability to dock after floating

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

What happens if you manually dock it? With the mouse.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Quade wrote:What happens if you manually dock it? With the mouse.

You mean move it over the newsbin window and size it to fit? If so it remains floating as far as I can tell and when I ended newsbin the download window remained until newsbin had fully shutdown. By fully shutdown I mean when newsbin is closed it takes a bit of time after the window is closed for the process to end and disappear from the process list in the task manager.

Once it is restarted the download window is again docked and everything works just fine. I just tried pulling the download window away from the newsbin window and them putting it back and selecting dock in the menu and it worked fine now. But when I tried earlier today, before I shut it down the menu would not come up.
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Well it took much less time for the menu to stop work this time as I just tried moving it out of the way again and it will not dock any more. Them menu will not come up either, unless I click on the push pin on the upper right hand side of the download list window, which I guess turns on autohide; because if I click on it the window scrawls up and hides. Then after I click on the tab of the download window it comes back and I can get the menu, but only to turn off autohide. The menu options do not respond. After I turn off autohide the menu will not come up again when I right click on window.

Aaron
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 pm

To add to this the download list now leaves lines with just red circles with ! in them and finished next to it when if finishes downloading a file. I haven't updated anything on my system since I started with B4 testing so I'm not sure what it causing this one. If it resort the list it redraws everything, but with out the red circles with ! in them and finished next to it. I'm not sure if the two are connected or not. I don't normally float the download list. I only tried it yesterday and this morning.

Aaron
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 pm

That means the downloads are failing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby daguenet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Quade wrote:That means the downloads are failing.

I don't think the downloads failed they were avi files or a show and all 13 episodes of the show were in the download directory while the red circle with the ! in it was being displayed and if I did a sort of any column then the lines with the red circle with the ! would go away. I have watched parts of a couple of the avi files and they seem to working just fine. Just so you know pretty much everything that gets downloaded gets the red circle with the ! just before the line is removed from the download list.

Aaron
daguenet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support