Newsbin Paused - Low disc space in Data Folder

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Newsbin Paused - Low disc space in Data Folder

Postby comandercody33 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 am

In the options panel i have set Newsbin to download to a separate folder on a separate drive(other than the system drive), which has over a 900 gigabytes free. The Newsbin program is installed on the system drive(Drive C), which is near capacity(because it is an 80 gig Solid State Drive), it is showing only 118mb free, but had more space before i began downloading alot of video last night through Newsbin. Does Newsbin write data to the system drive if the option is set for dowloads to goto a different drive, and if so can i change that location?

Thanks.
comandercody33
n00b
n00b

Re: Newsbin Paused - Low disc space in Data Folder

Postby itimpi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 am

There are several settings that control where Newsbin locates files:

- The Download folder where files are downloaded to. This can easily be changed under Options->Setup. Note that any change made here only applies to new items queued for download - not those already queued

- The Data folder where Newsbin stores its working files, the largest item of which is any spool files. To change this you need to edit the Newsbin Configuration (.nbi) file as documented in the advanced section of the User Guide. I personally set this to be the same drive as my Download path.

- The NZB Autoload folder. The location for this is specified under Options->NZB Files, and is relevant if you use NZB files. However if you DO use the NZB Autoload feature then you want to periodically housekeep this location as previously used files can accumulate in the Loaded sub-folder of the NZB Autoload folder.

I think that it is most likely to be the second one (the DATA path) that is the one consuming space on the System drive as the default location is under your User Profile. With v6 the spool files are in a separate sub-folder of the DATA path, and are larger than used by v5 (that is the trade off to reduce RAM usage and increase loading speed for headers).

Hope that helps?
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Re: Newsbin Paused - Low disc space in Data Folder

Postby comandercody33 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:26 pm

That was it!(Data Path). It was consuming 11 gigs! I edited the .nbi file, moved the data to the terrabyte drive, launched newsbin by double clicking that edited nbi file, good to go.

Thank you very much.
comandercody33
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support