v6 features missing

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

v6 features missing

Postby phusion » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi NB guys:

Really enjoying v6... thanks.
Just somethings I have noticed (perhaps you already know).

1) NB does not auto assemble sets that end in .001, .002, etc.
I have to run "AutoPar" > "Unrar/Join files"
Also it does not delete the files after assembling.

2) Because sometimes I download an incomplete set that can not be repaired:
"Remove from download list" option does not delete the files. It only just removes the entry from the list.

3) I remember being one of the guys requesting "x" on tabs, thanks for doing so.
But it really is not needed on some static tabs like: "downloads" ," failed", "logging", "connections", "groups" (the view menu controls this).

4) For me the "lock the display" icon does not stop the above static tabs from being pressed off.

Thanks
:D
phusion
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/12/06

Re: v6 features missing

Postby Quade » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm

1 - PM me an example. The anime groups are full of QPMS files like that and they assemble just fine.
Don't post it here.

2 - That's intentional. You can delete them from the files list though. I really don't want the files to be deleted by simply removing entries from the download list.

3/4 - You want X's but only some X's. Not sure I can do that. I suspect its all or nothing. Locking prevents you from moving things around not from opening and closing things.

I'm thinking about tab management options. Not sure it's going to make it into 6 though.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: v6 features missing

Postby mho » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Quade wrote:2 - That's intentional. You can delete them from the files list though. I really don't want the files to be deleted by simply removing entries from the download list.

I'd like to ideally see the following setup:
* A button/RMB-menu in Downloads to delete files from disk.
* Shift-Del bound to the above function, Del as it is now.

(If you feel that is too "risky", a delete-entry-and-disk-files function (unbound by default) that can be mapped to a key sequence would also do it for me:-))

- mho

EDIT: Reason that the delete in Filename list isn't very useful for me is that when I get around to wanting to delete something, it will likely have been pushed waaay down (or cleanly off) that list.
mho
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/08

Return to V6 Technical Support