Downloads stuck

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Downloads stuck

Postby oferlaor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Nb pro 6rc3 build 998, downloads keep getting stuck. It downloads the rars but the pars seem to be paused.

If i manually quickpar, i see those files are renamed by the pars, but are all ok.

So manually, things seem to be fine but the files are still not assembled.

Also manual quickpar, along with unraring and import of v5 spool are all modal, so you cant do anything while it happens in the back.
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/21/06

Re: Downloads stuck

Postby oferlaor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm

If i press the "unrar the current set of files" i get these errors:

1. unrar failed - unrar - no part 1 found
2. Quickunrar - no filename found
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm

I figure the files didn't completely download then. Expand the listing and see if you see some red chunks. Might see if you have some NB2 files in the download folder too. It not, PM me an example and I'll try it. I've gotten reports that some servers are not delivering all the posts you'd expect so, you might have a number of partial downloads waiting to assemble.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby oferlaor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Just had a similar issue. Downloaded a file and it listed items as being downloaded but it seems to be hung waiting for something. Essentially nothing happens an files list
As incomplete or downloading with nothing going on. Restarting the software fixed it.
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:07 pm

. Might see if you have some NB2 files in the download folder too.

To quote myself.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby oferlaor » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:51 am

Cleaned download folder completely. Will check again.
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby oferlaor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:02 am

ok, it's happened again. Brand new set of files, all three appear to be stuck now.

1. one seems to have all files downloaded. progress bar is at maximum and all files are status gray, but it does not seem to turn red, or green or yellow, it just continues sitting there.

2. The second one is a large set of files that have been sitting there since yesterday. All files were downloaded, PARs appear to be paused, and it's not doing anything. Status is blue at 90% and has been like that since last night.

3. The last one is a single file (no idea how it got there) that has a 100% bar in red, pressing the down arrow does not seem to indicate why it thinks its red or why it just didn't go to the failed downloads tab.

BTW, I suspect that the first one is passworded (But I was never prompted nor was this checked).

About the second one, there are 15 NB2 files in the download directory (3.66GB).
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 am

Passworded rars WILL just sit there. That's normal. It's up to you to unrar them and supply the password.

This:

2. The second one is a large set of files that have been sitting there since yesterday. All files were downloaded, PARs appear to be paused, and it's not doing anything. Status is blue at 90% and has been like that since last night.

and this

About the second one, there are 15 NB2 files in the download directory (3.66GB).

Tells you that they didn't actually finish downloading.

What happens if you right click #2 and do "Assemble Incompletes"?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby oferlaor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 am

Nothing appears to happen with assemble incompletes. It continues to sit there.

Par2 files are still paused (non of them were downloaded). Never had anything similar happen with version 5...

I know that if I restart the software it will start downloading the PAR2 and it will fix itself, but something is seriously broken here...
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 am

It's not going to download pars if files haven't finished downloading. You can make it download pars by unpausing them. What does quickpar say? Are all the files there and complete?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby oferlaor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Apparently, if there are any defects in the files, it will just sit there and wait for me to quickpar it manually.

I'm not sure I understand the logic. After all, it's not doing anything except wait. Why not start downloading the PARs in the meantime and if it reaches a point where it can assemble incompletes and quickpar it in the background, instead of waiting for a file that may never come, why not do it?

I'm not sure what's wrong with the source, but I had this happen a few times since moving to RC3.
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm not sure I understand the logic. After all, it's not doing anything except wait. Why not start downloading the PARs in the meantime and if it reaches a point where it can assemble incompletes and quickpar it in the background, instead of waiting for a file that may never come, why not do it?

Well, that's the thing, I don't have to unpause pars with my downloads. Newsbin does it for me. I add sets to the download list and it downloads 0 or more pars if it needs to repair. It's not working for you and the original poster. So, the big question is, why does it work for me and not work for you. When I ask you what quickpar does, that's a trouble-shooting step. I'm not telling you that's how it's supposed to work.

Did quickpar say the files were good? What about the NB2's did you have good files AND NB2 files?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby oferlaor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 pm

I wanted to see what you wanted me to try before doing anything.

Quickpar says its broken even after the pars so this case appears to have a problem.

I atill dont get why it didnt dl the pars and set them to
Paused and then didnt do anything.

Trying to dl the nzb again from newzbin.

Btw, this happened a few times but mostly for newzbin files. Auto downloading files seem to work ok for me.

So it seems to be specific to the files i apparently dl from newzbin.
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Someone reported a problem with NZBs' in RC4 yesterday. Wonder if it's related? He claimed that loaded NZB's showed incomplete. I wasn't sure if he mean during download or if Newsbin listed them as incomplete.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby oferlaor » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 am

i still see these on nzbs that are incomplete or damaged. I often have to fix them manually...

downloaded a collection from newzbin, about 6/23 failed - they had the pars paused. I manually had to unpause them one by one and then manually quickpar... all of them were fine at the end but this never happened with version 5...
oferlaor
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Return to V6 Technical Support