A Few Nagging Bugs & Missing Features.

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

A Few Nagging Bugs & Missing Features.

Postby MichaelW_ » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 am

How Do I Set The Last Updated In Groups List To Days/Hours instead of date/time like I could in V5?

I can no longer manually drag and drop to order the groups in the groups list.

I can no longer drag to select say 5 groups in the groups list by dragging from outside the list on the right a selection box around a bunch of groups in groups list to select them. I now have to click first and then shift click last.

When I Click "Delete All Posts From Poster" on a username in the group pane while the headers are populating, especially for a group with a lot of spam by a singular prick, can you have it follow through for the remainder of the header download, not just the first bunch by that prick?

After deleting/hiding posts in the group pane, the number next to the group name of remaining visible posts used to decline immediately. Now, it can remain for a random amount of time from a few seconds to never changing (ex -=> I had 100 as the header number, I delete the headers from the screen, it should now say 0, it doesn't_

The gross download count no longer shows in the status bar.

The PAR list is no longer a separate list, but is grouped in with the download list. The remaining download total also seems to include the par files in the total.

You can no longer hit ctrl-g from within a groups list to refresh the headers, you have to choose it from the menu.

Well, that's about all I found so far. Any help would be appreciated
MichaelW_
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/10/09

Re: A Few Nagging Bugs & Missing Features.

Postby DThor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am

Par list is now wish list, and it's not used for pars particularly since pars are bundled and associated with the primary post. You add the main file and the par bundle, Newsbin will determine whether or not it needs to get pars, and how many. Basically, par management is more automatic now, you only need to get at it if there's a problem.
I've found some key shortcuts didn't all come over, you can assign whatever you want to refresh the headers under Customise.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby Quade » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 pm

- Ctrl-T to change the timestamps.

- Yeah, can't change group order in 6.0. Thinking about it for 6.1.

- Drag select doesn't seem to work. I'll note it. Not something I use which is probably why it went unnoticed.

- Probably not. "Delete all by poster" is an instant thing. You need to re-do it every time.

- The update of the count happens probably once every 4 seconds. That's how it works now. If you're deleting a bunch of stuff, there's a bunch of behind the scenes work that goes on so, the actual count might not change till this is done.

- Par list, yeah it's had a change of mission.

- Ctrl-G Yeah, doesn't seem to work. Clicking the red button will download latest.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby Quade » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Fixed Ctrl-G.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support