nzb watch folder moving all file types 6.73

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

nzb watch folder moving all file types 6.73

Postby JS_racer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:06 am

hello, LONG LONG time user here, recently i started to notice that my nzb watch folder all files are being moved to the nzb loaded folder. folders are not, but exe, mp3, pdf, everything.
this is new behavior, it use to pick my nzb out of zip files, and move just those to a folder called loaded. thought i was loosing my mind, not sure where my files were going.

lots of my internet downloads went to say IE_dl folder. then there was a loaded folder that nzb zips automatically went to. now all files end up in the loaded folder. how do i prevent this ?? also i just found a NZBS folder in my data file folders. my goal is not having newsbin take all my files out of the watch folder, and move them to another folder. I am unable to find a setting for why my files are being moved to folder Loaded.

is there any way to fix or change this ?? or should i create a new watch folder and only put nzb files in there ??
looks like it started in 673 ?? b4 also does it. Rolled back to 672 final, and this does not move all my files.

thanks much for the time,
Joel
JS_racer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/23/04

Re: nzb watch folder moving all file types 6.73

Postby JS_racer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:34 am

Add RAR/ZIP/GZ decode to NZB's downloaded using Sonarr/SickBeard. The NZB's now get sent to the "Nzbs" folder in order to implement this.

could be related to this ??
JS_racer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:50 am

Ideally the NZB watch folder should be dedicated and not some general dump folder.

I wrote myself a note to think about this. It is a behavior change but scanning a bunch of files for NZB's is pretty slow.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby itimpi » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:22 am

I found the old behaviour useful as the browser I use on my iPad only allows you to use a static folder (in the app settings) for downloads to be synced to DropBox (which is then synced across to the PC's Newsbin NZB watch folder). I use the iPad for most of my web browsing so that is where I tend to want to do downloads from for all sorts of information. I often therefore end up with files that are not NZBs in the Newsbin NZB watch folder until I get around to tidying up. It is possible to go into the Loaded sub-folder to find these items but because they are mixed up with the NZB files they are less obvious and can easily be deleted by accident when clearing out unwanted NZB files.
Last edited by itimpi on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Newsbin Online documentation
The Usenettools for tutorials, useful information and links
itimpi
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 03/28/03

Postby JS_racer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:47 pm

got ya, thanks Quade, much appreciated.
JS_racer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby lincsat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:22 pm

I just noticed this issue and have been panicking that I had lost all my downloads. Is there any way of turning off this in new builds or is it a case of having to set a new nzb watch folder?
lincsat
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/05/03

Postby JS_racer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:20 am

lincsat wrote:I just noticed this issue and have been panicking that I had lost all my downloads. Is there any way of turning off this in new builds or is it a case of having to set a new nzb watch folder?

i setup a new watch folder, easy as that then.

kinda spooky, i thought the first time i had had more beer than i recalled, lol
JS_racer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support