Header Filter

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Header Filter

Postby slee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:35 pm

I have followed the directions (obviously not well enough), because I'm not having any luck getting the header filter working. I have created the filter profile (as per the directions- BTW, there is a typ-o in the example). The test passes saying the content will be rejected. When I download the actual headers though, the headers are still showing up. If I enable filters, they go away. I thought the header weren't suppose to be included in the database? I have enabled the filter under properties for the group. What am I doing wrong?
slee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/18/01

Re: Header Filter

Postby slee » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:45 pm

I am really at a loss here. I've created a filter for simple testing. Reject if the following text: 5d3b7766b. Then in the Enter Test Text, I put this exact same string, and it says the "Test text was Accepted - Will be included". Shouldn't it be rejected since the text does exist. The default filter profiles worked. I can enter Test Text, and it will accept or reject as expected.
slee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby slee » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:32 am

I believe I have figured out whats going on. The "Enter Test Text" does not work for the "Poster Contains". If instead of Poster, I use Subject, it works. Then once I know my expression works, I save it back under Poster and so far so good.
slee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby ItsMe » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am

I think you are misinterpreting what the test box is actual for and what the reject/accept expression is actually referring to.
My understanding is that if the phrase you enter in the "Enter Test Text:" is just checking to see if the text that you entered meets the requirements for the SQL database.
If the "Test Results:" States rejected, then your expression you entered in the "Enter Test Test:" box WON'T work in the filter.
If the "Test Results:" States accepted, then your expression you entered in the "Enter Test Test:" box WILL work in the filter.

But I could wrong, wouldn't be the first time....
ItsMe
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/05

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support