Anyway to disable "Delete Partial Downloads from Disk?"?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Anyway to disable "Delete Partial Downloads from Disk?"?

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Anyway to disable this delete option? Every once in a while I hit the delete key to remove something form the download list and then without thinking hit the enter key to acknowledge/close the confirmation window...I'd much rather manually clean up my download folder then delete files I'm not done with by accident.

Thank you
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/12/10

Re: Anyway to disable "Delete Partial Downloads from Disk?"?

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:58 am

Lol I guess that's a no. The only reason I took the time to post this the other night was because it had just happened (again... :x :|)

Maybe it's something that could be added/changed?

It'd be nice if it was similar to Vuze bittorrent client, where when you pressed delete you get 3 options, the default/focused one is Delete from Library, then there's also Delete from Computer (obviously the same as "Delete Partial Downloads from Disk") and Cancel.

For Newsbin instead of "Delete from Library", the default selection could be "Delete from Download List."

Thanks!
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby Quade » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:49 pm

I just missed the post.

Sounds like You're basically looking for a "never delete files when deleting from download list" option. I can think about it.

If you enable "delete to recycle bin" (which should be the default) even if you mistakenly delete you can recover the files out of the recycle bin.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby EvanVanVan2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Quade wrote:I just missed the post.

Sounds like You're basically looking for a "never delete files when deleting from download list" option. I can think about it.

If you enable "delete to recycle bin" (which should be the default) even if you mistakenly delete you can recover the files out of the recycle bin.

Oh, ok, thanks for the reply now!

I guess once in a while it's useful to delete partial files from the disk from the download list (in the case of non-repairable-incomplete posts/samples/proof files/etc.) so a couple different deletion options on the confirmation window like I suggested in my previous post could be helpful. But yeah, typically it only causes me more frustration than less.

The only "delete to recycle bin" option I see in the settings is under the Autopar tab, that is enabled and does work as described (when autopar automatically deletes the files after unraring them). But when I manually delete (accidentally or otherwise) from the download list, the files are permanently deleted/don't end up in the recycle bin.

Thanks!
EvanVanVan2
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support