cancel search?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

cancel search?

Postby kamakazi downloader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 am

I'm trying to cancel the search feature and cannot get it...can anyone give me an assist? On the tech support page under 'Control Panel' button there is the option to 'RENEW/CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION'...but that does nothing other than put you right back into the same page! Thnx
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/25/07

Re: cancel search?

Postby Quade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 am

Use the tech support form on the main web page. I believe you can get to it from the help menu in Newsbin too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby kamakazi downloader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:14 pm

erm.... I DID use the tech support, but no response or solution.... i got a popup saying it needs to know the version etc but the version I'm using (6.80RC7) is not on the drop list to choose from and I can't enter it manually....
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby kamakazi downloader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Also no response on the phone either, only a recording.
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby kamakazi downloader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Since Nov. 2007, I have had this feature with no problems. Now, however I do not want it and cannot get it ended. This isn't cool... I need some real time/real person assistance here. No one answers the phone number for billing problems and the tech support page isn't much support.
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby dexter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 pm

On the Tech Support form, you would choose the second option under Version that says "Newsbin Beta (Please Specify Build), then in the comments you can add the build number but since you are just asking about how to cancel your Search subscription it doesn't matter.

To answer your question, you have to sign in to the Newsbin Control Panel in order to cancel. If you don't know your login, you can get in from within Newsbin by clicking the Help menu option at the top of the Newsbin window then select "Search Control Panel". Keep in mind that some subscriptions are non-recurring so there may be no cancel option. If PayPal is managing your subscription, you need to cancel through PayPal. If you paid using a credit card on our website, you just click the Cancel link.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dexter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:31 pm

kamakazi downloader wrote:Also no response on the phone either, only a recording.

Yeah, I don't answer the phone. I go through messages later. You chose not to leave a message so you would not have received a response.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kamakazi downloader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Thank you, Dexter, but there is a problem with that though...I TRIED clicking the 'cancel' link but nothing works, hence my coming in here to ask.
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby dexter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:52 pm

kamakazi downloader wrote:Thank you, Dexter, but there is a problem with that though...I TRIED clicking the 'cancel' link but nothing works, hence my coming in here to ask.

I logged in as you (I'm admin so I can do that) and cancelled it without an issue. Only thing I can think is maybe you have popups disabled on your browser? When you click the cancel link, a popup asks you to confirm. If you have that blocked and you don't notice the info message saying a popup was blocked, it will appear to do nothing.

Your subscription is now cancelled.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kamakazi downloader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I was writing a post when you were as well I guess is why mine disappeared, lol.
Thank you Dexter
I have enjoyed you folks for these many years, and the search feature is awesome with no probs. I'm getting old-ish (70) and health issues, so I just don't watch as much now. Thank you again for assisting me. Not sure why it wouldn't do that for me...
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Postby kamakazi downloader » Fri May 18, 2018 9:43 am

OK, I find I can't live without my newsbin and search after all! lol still above ground, and can use a bit of entertainment. ~ :wink:
kamakazi downloader
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to Newbie Forum