Search not finding all files in fileset

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Search not finding all files in fileset

Postby megamak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,
Using the trial version atm and am keen to check out the search function in Newsbin Pro. I have noticed a few times now Newsbin doesn't find files that i know are on Usenet, For example i searched for and the results were <stuff> . You will see in the image that there are no files (only par files) for the sample and subs.
This release is indexed on another sites and includes the following files in the file list:

<stuff>

So my question is am i not using the search properly or is there something wrong with Newsbin Pro's Internet search function ?
megamak
n00b
n00b

Re: Search not finding all files in fileset

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:34 pm

I found 8 copies of what you were searching for in the search engine. One was "FULL" and one wasn't. Two were about 800 megs and about 2500 days old. Currently the most common cause of not finding search results is poster lockouts or filters. Like size and age filters. I set a size filter for 100 megs, used 3 key words for the search term. Make sure the search tab is set to "Subject Field".

I tried with the full search string you mentioned and got two results. Let me check with Dex as to whether not having a sub could cause this. I wouldn't expect it would.

There aren't many rules here other than you can't post what you're searching for or downloading. You can PM me specifics but not post it in the clear.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby megamak » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Does the search engine omit incomplete files ?
megamak
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 pm

It does if you're not registered but these files seemed perfectly good. They were rars and pars combined into a group.

I'll give it a try unregistered.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby dexter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:06 pm

I am not able to recreate your issue even using an unregistered version. What version are you running? The version info is in the Title bar at the top of the Newsbin window.

Also, please verify you have no filters set under Options -> Filters, specifically in the "Global" filter profile because those apply all the time.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to V6 Technical Support