How to download using the same nzb twice (or more)?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How to download using the same nzb twice (or more)?

Postby Steve1221 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:34 am

I'm clearly missing something here. I'm trying to download the same file as I did yesterday using the same nzb and it just doesn't happen?

The file appears in the list window and then a second later vanishes! No error, no indication as to why?

Can someone, please, tell what I'm doing wrong!!!

Thanks.
Steve1221
n00b
n00b

Re: How to download using the same nzb twice (or more)?

Postby Quade » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:32 am

It's designed to avoid duplicate downloads. In the options, under advanced, you can disable the duplicate detector.

It'll never re-download files that still exist on disk. It checks to make sure it's the same content so it's not fooled by having the same filename. Meaning two different files with the same name will still both download.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby ItsMe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 am

Not sure why you want to, but if you go to your failed files tab, you should find your download there and be able to just right click and select "download bypass filter" or something to that affect.
ItsMe
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/05

Postby Steve1221 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:20 am

ItsMe wrote:Not sure why you want to, but if you go to your failed files tab, you should find your download there and be able to just right click and select "download bypass filter" or something to that affect.

Because I deleted the original file by mistake. Thanks for the help Image link not allowed for unregistered users
Steve1221
n00b
n00b

Return to Newbie Forum