Open Group Sort and New Headers

Make suggestions for new features.

Moderator: Quade

Open Group Sort and New Headers

Postby Ortiz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:52 am

Currently, if I have a group open and new headers are downloaded, they appear at the bottom of the window. If I had the list sorted by subject and click the subject header to resort, the list gets sorted in reverse direction because the previous sort was in forward direction. However, I'm not trying to reverse the sort. I just want to get the new headers into proper sort order. I would love to see some enhancements for this situation.

1. If headers had been added to the bottom of the list, then clicking the column header should be treated as if the list was unsorted (e.g. sort forward instead of reverse).

2. I'd love for groups that are open, but are not the active tab, to auto-sort when new headers are added. Then they would be ready to go without the need to click anything. I understand that it could be disruptive to do this if the user were working in a group. So, adding to the bottom is a good approach when the tab is active.
Ortiz
n00b
n00b

Re: Open Group Sort and New Headers

Postby Quade » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Why are you sorting on subject instead of date?

The main reason I add to bottom and don't auto-sort to top is because if you have a bunch of headers downloading, the posts you're currently looking at, which might not be at the top, will get scrolled away from your current view. Inserting at the top for tabs that are currently hidden might be a way around this. I'll have to look into it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Feature Requests