Version 6.82 Beta 9 Available...

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Version 6.82 Beta 9 Available...

Postby dexter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:21 am

More small fixes to Version 6.82. Now at Beta 9.

Summary:

• Fixed issue when using NZB Autoload, couldn't search for content in the angle brackets "< >" of a description.
  • Fixed issue when using "Download to Folder Named for Subject" and the filename is the entire subject, the subject was getting doubled up.
  • Fixed issue processing yEnc encoded files when the filename is missing.
  • Fixed issue processing filenames consisting of one character.
  • Improved performance of the Properties box in the Post and Download lists. Forty GB sets were taking forever to display. It is much faster now.
  • Fixed issue in logic cleaning subject data - was missing some cases where the filename was repeated twice in subject
  • Made improvements to filename extractor and subject parser.
  • Fixed issue where certain files that get moved by the PAR files but don't unrar and leave the old files behind in the files list. Addresses books with RARS and MKV files posted directly and not in a RAR.
  • Fixed potential corruption bug that could happen when only a single item matched while performing a find in download list.

Download link is on the Beta Page.
dexter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Version 6.82 Beta 9 Available...

Postby Calahan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello,

In July I had problems with 6.81 Final. I tried several betas and Quade told me, he would go with beta 8.
So I installed beta 8... In the last months I used beta 8 and when I saw there was a beta 9, I installed it.
At the time, I did the install, I had nzb files queued for download and after installing beta 9 all "clear"-nzb-names where shown as the crypted posted names.
So I went back to beta 8 and all was shown again with the correct nzb names.

Now after looking and sorting my last downloads I saw, that when rar files were unpacked, from time to time, one file got a wrong name!
Instead of the correct name, which was in the rar, one file was named as the nzb file (with {{password}}).
Sometimes it was the full name and sometimes it was part of the nzb filename.
It seems that the original correct extension remains.

So if I start downloading a nzb file "name123{{pass}}.nzb" which has 3 files in a rar file, "1.ext", "2.ext" and "3.ext", after unpacking you get for example:
"1.ext", ""name123{{pass}}.ext" and "3.ext". I see no pattern, which file will be named incorrect.

When downloading files where only some files are in the rar, you quickly see, that the unpacking went wrong, but when I download and let Newsbin unrar
files with many sub-folders in sub-folders, I could overlook this behaviour. I think this is a very critical error! One have to trust the unrar job, that all files are unpacked with the correct names.

I just found another wrong named file and downloaded all rars again, to see if it is reproducable.
And it is reproducable! Again the same file (file which starts with "376" of 558 files) was wrong named. If I look into the rar files the file is correctly named.
If I unrar the file with Total Commander the file is unpacked with the correct name.

I now tested the download again with 6.82B9 and got the same result. The same file was unpacked with the wrong name.
I've sent the nzb file to ts @ newsbin dot com. Hope you can find the reason and fix it.

All the best,
Calahan
Last edited by Calahan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 01/14/12

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:06 pm

I'm not seeing anything like that but none of the NZB's I download are passworded with the password in the NZB Filename. If you want to email me some of these NZB's to ts @ newsbin dot com, I can look. The only files that should be getting renamed are those with alpha-numeric filenames. Which is a common obscured format these days.

I'm getting ready to release 6.82 so now's a good time to check this. You're the only one reporting this so far.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:36 pm

As I wrote above, I've sent the email to your address.
I had this behaviour with at least two other nzb downloads.
At the moment I can't remember the nzb names.
It's true, it's a bit strange that no one else was reporting this by now, but then not all are reporting problems.
I renamed the wrong named files, not thinking about reporting the problem.
I will try to reproduce the problem with another pc. Maybe it's only my installation.
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Thanks, I got it. I already replied to the email. For some reason one of the files in this rar is triggering a rename. I can certainly imagine it happening in some other rars. I'd just never seen it before. I've added that specific filename to my test setup so I can easily test it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby meenich » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Strange issue I've just now encountered with B9. NBPro completed download of the contents of an NZB file, and found one single source block error during the download. That's when it started misbehaving:
- according to QuickPar, only a single source block error was encountered, yet NBPro proceeded to download way more than needed for the repair (the first Par2 file had more than enough repair blocks).
- once the actual repair got underway, it seemed to get stuck in a loop while trying to repair the set - i.e., yellow repair status bar would get to 100%, then go back to 0% and start over, without ever finishing - it kept at that for at least a few minutes, without completing. For reference, when I interrupted NBPro (by deleting the download from the Download list without deleting the source files), and did the repair using QuickPar, it completed the full repair in about 30 seconds.

It's not a showstopper kind of error, and I'm not sure how to reproduce it, but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks for a great tool and keep it up!
meenich
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/08/05

Postby Quade » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Unrar problems can cause those symptoms too. Was the rar set encrypted?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm

I've sent another nzb, which is unpacked with a wrong filename, to your email account.

All the best,
Calahan
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby meenich » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:00 pm

[quote="Quade"]Unrar problems can cause those symptoms too. Was the rar set encrypted?[/quote]

The file names were obfuscated, but the rar set was not password-encrypted.
meenich
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 07/08/05

Postby jcthorne » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 am

This beta reverts to adding new remote NZB requests from Sonarr to the bottom of the Download list. I know some prefer it that way but it puts new shows at the end of the backlog rather than to the top. Can this be an option for adding to the top? Worked much better for me.
jcthorne
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 11/01/03

Postby FlashMasta » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:47 am

FYI, I have started seeing RARs unpacked with the wrong filename but not using NZBs. It may do it with NZBs too but in my experience just double-clicking and downloading certain posts with unrar the wrong name. Certain files will unrar with the file name inside the archive, and sometimes with the full subject name in the post.

Edit: If it unrars with the subject name it looks like "full subject name"_ yEnc.extension
It has the space between the underscore and yEnc in the filename. They're not password protected or obfuscated.
FlashMasta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/22/03

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:04 pm

I've tracked it down...to German. German words can be so long they appear to be obscured filenames to the checker. I simply wasn't expecting 24 character long words. I have a fix I believe.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby Calahan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Did you get my second nzb with mail?
I have another smaller download nzb with the same problem.
The wrong named unpacked file had a word with "only" 16 characters.
Should I send it to you?

On the other side, I can think of longer words in packed files. In programs, game folders and so on.
I have to admit, I don't understand at all, why newsbin is renaming files which are/were unpacked.

All files which are unpacked, should have the same name as in the packed file.
Calahan
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Looking at your second NZB made me realize my initial fix wasn't going to work. So yes I looked at it thanks. Even 11-12 characters is considered to be a really long word in English. Typically if you append two words together, you use a hyphen too "wordone-wordtwo".

I just need to make the checker more precise.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support