All added groups go to Unsorted - can't move em

While it isn't officially supported, we have many users who successfully run NewsBin under Linux with a Windows emulator (Wine is the most popular). This forum exists for you Linux guys to share your experience getting NewsBin running on Linux as well as report any strangeness that we may or may not be able to fix. DThor is the resident expert.

Moderators: Quade, dexter, newsraider, DThor

All added groups go to Unsorted - can't move em

Postby danneauxs » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Every group I add goes to unsorted GOG. I tried right clicking on a GOG I made and adding a group but when I subscribe it goes into unsorted. I tried right clicking and sending to the new group (not sure what this would do but I though it might move groups from gog to gog?).

I've been away from NB for a number of years after switching to linux but I'm looking to get back into it. Right now having all groups under one GOG (unsorted) works because I'm only interested this week in one type of group, but later...

Running under linux 19
Last edited by danneauxs on Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
danneauxs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: All added groups go to Unsorted

Postby Quade » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:45 pm

That's how it works. You can the move them from unsorted to some other folder in the groups list after adding. Either drag and drop or for Linux probably from the right click menu.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: All added groups go to Unsorted

Postby danneauxs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am

Ok, that's what I vaguely remembered. Sorry, I should have mentioned this, but I can't expand the "unsorted" gogto see the groups inside. I assumed the "+" would expand the gog but it doesn't. I have 10 groups in unsorted and no way to move them. I tried right-click and send to folder (on the gog) but nothing.

Edit: nevermind! Just tried the "+" symbol on my keyboard and that expanded it. Duh, have gotten so used to the mouse...

Thanks
danneauxs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: All added groups go to Unsorted - can't move em

Postby Quade » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:46 pm

That's a known Wine bug. Surprised they haven't fixed it yet. I believe the right arrow will do it too.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Linux