Immigrant from mainly SABNZBd

This is the place for people switching to Newsbin from other newsreaders, or for people evaluating Newsbin who are already experienced Usenet users. If your old newsreader had a feature you liked that Newsbin doesn't, tell us about it.
Forum rules
- No discussion of specific content found on Usenet.
- Be nice to others. Trolls and Flamers will be banned at our discretion
- No advertising for other newsreaders, products, or services.

Immigrant from mainly SABNZBd

Postby Zonal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Hello,

Last few years I mainly used SABNZBd and lately I tried out NZBGet, before that I used Newsleecher and Alt.binz. The thing I really miss are so called 'categories' which is basically a post process step. I download a movie on my local machine with the categorie set to 'movies' for instance. After downloading, parring and unrarring it automatically moves the download to my movies folder which is located on my NAS.

Seems like a pretty basic feature to me, I also asked this in the Newbie subforum but no luck there. If such feature is not yet available in newsbin I would certainly hope it will be implemented in the future.
Zonal
n00b
n00b

Re: Immigrant from mainly SABNZBd

Postby Quade » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:53 pm

If you're using our search engine, you can do it by making a watch list to capture and download specific things and unrar them to specific folder.

If you're using NZB Files. You can do it pretty easily in Newsbin by making multiple NZB Autoload folders, one per type. Then you set a specific unrar path for this type in the autoload options. So when you copy/Download an NZB into the "movies" folder you created, it'll download and unrar the files to whatever unrar path you set in the autoload option.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Immigrant from mainly SABNZBd

Postby Zonal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Thank you for the reply Quade, I will look into it and try to figure it out.
Zonal
n00b
n00b

Return to Immigrants from other Newsreaders