Pause, speed limiter toggle off within 5-10 seconds

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Pause, speed limiter toggle off within 5-10 seconds

Postby Justin42 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:46 am

I've been having a strange issue that suddenly appeared in 6.20 and is still in the latest betas-- I keep thinking this is something minor that just needs to be toggled but who knows.

Basically, whenever I turn on the speed limiter, or try to pause downloads, they work-- for about 5-10 seconds, then both toggle themselves back and everything goes on as if I hadn't done anything. (i.e., it goes back to full speed, or downloads resume)

This just started out of the blue one day in 6.20 (after working fine-- I use these features daily to help with my bandwidth usage and not to wipe out the rest of the internet access in the house if I'm downloading)... nothing had been toggled/changed/updated as far as I know.

I am on Windows 7 x64 SP1, 64-bit Newsbin, 16GB RAM, a few hundred GB free on both the data and download drives.. any ideas?

Thanks!
Justin42
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/06/03

Re: Pause, speed limiter toggle off within 5-10 seconds

Postby Quade » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 am

Look in the options, and disable the scheduler. It's probably overriding your manual commands. You can disable it from the status bar too. The other possibility is the pause disable timeout which is also in the options.

Before the scheduler, there were some other timers that could also turn off pause and slow down but, they've been replaced with the scheduler.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Pause, speed limiter toggle off within 5-10 seconds

Postby Justin42 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 am

I did discover the scheduler was on so I disabled it and that seems to have worked! Thanks!
Justin42
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/06/03

Return to V6 Technical Support