How to backup and restore ALL Newsbin Settings

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

How to backup and restore ALL Newsbin Settings

Postby Vocalpoint » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:51 pm

All

I am prepping for a new PC build in about 10 days and would like to know the best way to backup my complete NB config so when I reinstall it on the new rig - I can restore it back to a full working install without having to mess around too much.

I can see all my files in the Open Data Folder area - and I redirected my "data" to a specific location (by editing my current .nbi file) to ensure none of the Newsbin stuff was taking up huge space on my small SSD C drive.

I am hoping to be able to install NB on the new box and then restore the contents of my Data Directory. Or - maybe I do not need to do anything if I start with the same .nbi file I have now? It has all the correct locations for everything and those locations will be the same on the new PC.

I just do not want to have to reconfigure the interface and mess around trying to set panels a specific way on a new build.

Appreciate any info from the field.

Cheers!

VP
Vocalpoint
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to backup and restore ALL Newsbin Settings

Postby Quade » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Or - maybe I do not need to do anything if I start with the same .nbi file I have now?

As long as your drive letters are the same it should work.

1 - Newsbin has to be installed (you can copy the program files folder for Newsbin from the old to the new to avoid a new install). The benefit of a fresh install is it hooks up all the shortcuts like for NZB and NBI files.

2 - The old NBI has to be fed into new instance of Newsbin on the new machine. Right clicking the NBI and "Open With" then picking Newsbin's EXE from the program files folder should do it.

3 - Restart Newsbin and use "Open Data Folder" to make sure it's using the correct folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support