6.90rc1 not unraring

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

6.90rc1 not unraring

Postby pinhead » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:00 am

Getting this ( ERROR CheckFilename: Error Default Download Path Used::) in log.
I can manually quick unrar but get the obfuscated name on the file. Using auto loaded NZB from NZBGeek.
Any ideas? Thanks.
pinhead
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/26/03

Re: 6.90rc1 not unraring

Postby Quade » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:57 am

I'd suggest using RC2.

The specific error suggests you don't have a download folder set for this NZB autoload so, it's defaulting to the main download path. It's not really an error but notice I guess.

Do these files have PAR files?

RC3 which is pretty close does some renaming that doesn't require the PAR files. Normally Newsbin uses the PAR files to rename the obscured file to the real RAR name but some NZB's these days don't even have PAR files but are still obscured. RC3 handles this parless rename but it requires that the subject be in the proper format.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby pinhead » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:08 am

Yeah they do have pars. They won't automatically unrar anymore. they stay in the DL list with a purple bar all the way across. Seems like something changed but not sure what. Yesterday on reboot it lost the server info so I added that back. Also tried going from B12 to rc1 but the same results.
pinhead
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/26/03

Postby Quade » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:04 pm

In the options menu I'd select "Load Backup Config on Restart" and maybe try using an older config from before you lost your servers. I suspect you lost more than the server configuration.

Newsbin renames the files with PARS as part of the repair process. It doesn't attempt to repair till you get enough of the file downloaded so, I'm wonder if the repair isn't triggering because you don't have enough of the files downloaded to repair and rename?

Edit: I looked at that error more closely and it means Newsbin couldn't create the download path you have set, so it's defaulting to the default download folder.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support