Newsbin 6.73 search result issue

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Newsbin 6.73 search result issue

Postby marinewonder » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:10 am

Hello,

I've been using the search engine reliably for a few years.

Since yesterday, search results are incomplete, showing maybe 1 or two of the files from the file set of a particular post.

Comparing to some of the posts I downloaded attachments to successfully before yesterday, the search results for that post now are incomplete.

And if I elect to download the whole post, it fails to push it to the Download tab, as if it's still calculating what the complete POST is.

PAR files of the previously downloaded POST are still in my wish list tab, and I can download them from there without issue, even if they don't show in the search window.

Is this an issue with the search service, or the news server or something corrupted on my settings?

I don't usually muck around settings since I'm comfortable where they've been for years.

If it's the search service, is it re-indexing or performing operations that should get back to normal soon?

Thanks,

Marine
marinewonder
n00b
n00b

Re: Newsbin 6.73 search result issue

Postby Quade » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:50 pm

I think you'll need to upgrade. 6.82 at the minimum but I recommend 6.90. Dex had to make changes to the web site and that seems to have locked out older versions of Newsbin.

Try that and let me know if it doesn't work.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Newsbin 6.73 search result issue

Postby marinewonder » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:53 pm

Thank you, all set after upgrading.
marinewonder
n00b
n00b

Return to V6 Technical Support