Handling of NZB files is inconsistent

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Handling of NZB files is inconsistent

Postby mister_loaf » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:36 pm

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong (?)

If I just select something and download it, it will be saved using the original name that was used when it was posted to usenet. That makes sense.

If I right click on something and select "Create NZB", then later I import the NZB file, it gets saved using the name of the NZB file.

That's much better, so I go through and create a bunch of NZB files and give them the name I want. A bit tedious having to do them one at a time, ... but ... whatever.

Except that it is very inconsistent.

Today I downloaded a bunch of files and 70% of them were named properly - using the names of the NZBs that I created - and the others were named using the original upload name.

70% - War of the Worlds s02e04

30% - War.of.the.Worlds.S02E04.Episode.Four.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-TEPES
mister_loaf
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/30/17

Re: Handling of NZB files is inconsistent

Postby Quade » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:10 pm

What version of Newsbin are you using?

Today I downloaded a bunch of files and 70% of them were named properly - using the names of the NZBs that I created -

NZB Filename and Download file filenames are independent of each other. I do believe it'll try to use the NZB Filename but only if the filename listed in the download is completely garbage. Either way the PAR files are what are used to give the files the proper filenames. It sounds almost like autopar is disabled or you're not downloading the proper PAR Files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to V6 Technical Support