Thumbnails out of synch with downloads

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Thumbnails out of synch with downloads

Postby GrouchoBarx » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Hi,

I just noticed recently that the Thumbnails displayed are out of sync with the Files List.

I am seeing thumnbalis of pictures previously downloaded. THe Files list shows the latest filenames, and when I open the pics from the Files List I get the correct picture.

When I check the folders via File Explorer, everything is being downloaded correctly. SO it is only the display of THumbnails that is mucked up.

It is only a minor inconvenience, but would like to figure out how to fix it.

Restarting Newsbin "fixes" this temporarily, but within a handful of downloads, it gets out of sync again.

Thanks.

Newsbin Pro Build 6.90 - Build 5524
GrouchoBarx
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/03/07

Re: Thumbnails out of synch with downloads

Postby Quade » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:54 pm

I just did 100 images at once with 4 thumbnails showing and it showed each one. They were finished downloading before the final one showed up. I did another 750 while I was testing this.

I think the issue is it can download images far faster than it can display them. I imagine if you just did a couple slow images they would sync up just fine. How many thumbnails are you displaying?

Maybe I don't understand what you're seeing. There's no correlation between image display position and where the image appears in the files list. They run independently of each other.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Thumbnails out of synch with downloads

Postby GrouchoBarx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:45 pm

Thanks for the info.

Since it doesn't actually affect the downloads, I won't worry. Knowing that the two run independently is reassuring.
GrouchoBarx
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 06/03/07

Return to V6 Technical Support