Quade what's happening with development?

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Quade what's happening with development?

Postby mednzb » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:16 pm

I have been using newsbin pro since 2005 and I think it's a great product, but ever since 2018 it seemed like newsbin development stopped. I was starting to think that newsbin was dead and I was so happy to see a new beta in August. Usenet is constantly using new encodes and encryption so you need a reader that stays up to date.
mednzb
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/05/05

Re: Quade what's happening with development?

Postby Quade » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:40 am

6.82 was released last January I believe or December 2019.

There was a new beta in I think July. I switched to a completely different code tree and getting that cleaned up and 100% is what's caused the delay between July and now. I'm expecting a new beta on IRC this week and depending on how it turns out maybe in the forum next week or week after next.

Usenet is constantly using new encodes and encryption so you need a reader that stays up to date.

6.82 seems to support all the current schemes except 7zip. You just need to feed the NZB's directly to the download list and not load them into the display first.

The new beta does 7zip.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Quade what's happening with development?

Postby mednzb » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:13 pm

Quade wrote:6.82 was released last January I believe or December 2019.

There was a new beta in I think July. I switched to a completely different code tree and getting that cleaned up and 100% is what's caused the delay between July and now. I'm expecting a new beta on IRC this week and depending on how it turns out maybe in the forum next week or week after next.

Usenet is constantly using new encodes and encryption so you need a reader that stays up to date.

6.82 seems to support all the current schemes except 7zip. You just need to feed the NZB's directly to the download list and not load them into the display first.

The new beta does 7zip.

Thanks Quade for the response and all your work once again great product!
mednzb
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/05/05

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support