Newsbin Beta 6.90B7 - build 5317

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Re: Newsbin Beta 6.90B7 - build 5317

Postby Mindflayer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:40 pm

astrax wrote:
Mindflayer wrote:How do I turn off auto-unrar/unzip?

Go into Options / AutoPAR Options -> turn off automatically unRAR complete files.

OK, thanks. The only way I could do that was to uncheck Disable PAR Repair and then it was enabled for me to un-check. And it seems to work. Thanks.
Mindflayer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/08/03

Postby astrax » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:28 am

More stuff regarding NZBs: https://youtu.be/Vu6g6DQBL38

Like mentioned before - NZB acts weird when loaded into Newsbin. Will display correct and work, when loaded by double click though.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/31/10

Postby Quade » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 am

Reported that does not work in B7 earlier Quade.

In my testing it works. I have autopar enabled and unrar disabled. It downloaded all the RAR files, verified them and then didn't unrar. You can tweak these setting both at the group and auto-load NZB level so I wonder if there's some setting overriding the main setting.

Will display correct and work, when loaded by double click though.

Feeding them to the download list directly either through double-click or NZB Autoload is the only way to properly download NZB's anymore. If you could email it to me I could take a look. I've never seen them fail that way before. ts at Newsbin dot com

I haven't disabled loading to post list so people can still look at the NZB's but apparently that's not enough. Maybe in the future, when I add to download list from post list from NZB, I just pretend and send the NZB directly to the download list
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby kirm » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Hi Quade,

Not using any nzb files. Manually selecting android files via right clicking on group, show posts. The obb files are compressed with rar. Previously it was unraring to a separate folder, now it unrars to proper folder that I called a.b.group prior.

I have this option set for only this group via right clicking on group name, properties, Disable Unrar for this group. It still unrars the files. Always used this setting in previous versions.

Regards,
kirm
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/15/03

Postby astrax » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:21 am

Quade wrote:
Will display correct and work, when loaded by double click though.

Feeding them to the download list directly either through double-click or NZB Autoload is the only way to properly download NZB's anymore.

I wasn't aware of that and thought something is wrong. Now that I know, I can work around that. Thanks!
I just found it convenient for (re-)loading certain parts (PARs for example) from an NZB, without having the rest of it in the download. Because then you'd have to watch out and/or stop the already downloaded parts etc. :?

I haven't disabled loading to post list so people can still look at the NZB's but apparently that's not enough. Maybe in the future, when I add to download list from post list from NZB, I just pretend and send the NZB directly to the download list

Yeah, maybe disabling that feature would make sense, so there'll be no confusion.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:45 am

I just found it convenient for (re-)loading certain parts (PARs for example) from an NZB, without having the rest of it in the download. Because then you'd have to watch out and/or stop the already downloaded parts etc.

Whether this will work or not depends on the NZB . Most NZB's can still be loaded into a post list and examined like you attempted here but apparently there's something special about this particular NZB that makes it not work. That's why I wanted to look at the NZB. It should work but doesn't.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby astrax » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:14 am

It was a huge file, so not really fit for sending via email. But I'll see, if I can replicate it with another file.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Postby Quade » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:17 am

I don't want the actual file. Just the NZB. Is the NZB that big?
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby astrax » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:09 pm

Quade wrote:I don't want the actual file. Just the NZB. Is the NZB that big?

I confused it with another file - it's only around 6mb. :roll: I sent you an email.
astrax
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Previous

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support