Newsbin 6.91B3 Beta - build 5595

This is the place to help test and discuss Version 6 Beta releases.

Newsbin 6.91B3 Beta - build 5595

Postby Quade » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:35 pm

New Beta. Lots of small tweaks mainly for obscured NZB's and extensionless files.

- AutoPAR: Singleton RARS aren’t unraring.
    - NZB Loader: password not making it to download database (problem passing the password forward).
    - Display:Expanded files in the download list were one off painting progress.
    - Display: Added additional thread to “add download” to prevent any GUI stalling when adding a bunch of files to download. One issue is that while it’s feeding downloads, you can’t feed more downloads at the same time.
    - Display: Downloads Dwelling on progress column shows a popup summary
    Was returning a text hint on notification when it’s supposed to be a progress bar.
    - Display: Stall when adding lots of small files to the download list from a post list. Easy to repro when adding 2000 images.
    Added a worker thread to intermediate.
    - Display: Wish and failed list show the wrong prompt when deleting.
    No fixing it without making a new language.dll… problematic
    - Display: ClearList on files list no longer prompts using download list prompts.
    - Decode: 7Z Handler not handling UTF8 encoded paths correctly.
    Normal ascii UTF8 was fine but any encoding broke it. The files still decoded and were on disk but bypassed normal cleanup.
    - Display: Single PARS in downloaded sets in download list don’t show downloaded.
    Off by one error in display code.
    - Download: Extensionless files probed for extension.
    New support for parsing RAR5 to pick out “.partXXX.rar” extensions.
    RAR before 5 doesn’t support this probing.
    Download: Obscured media files with no PAR files get probed and renamed if there’s an accompanying NZB file.
    Download: On restart already downloaded files didn’t get a progress bar.

Big behavior change is the way bulk downloads get added to the download list. It's now threaded so it shouldn't stall when you add 1000s of posts in one shot.

https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/downloads.newsbin.com/downloads/beta/nb691B3-5595.exe
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Newsbin 6.91B3 Beta - build 5595

Postby ItsMe » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:50 am

Lets see if I can find any in this version...
ItsMe
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/05

Postby JayPea » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:49 am

Quade wrote:
Big behavior change is the way bulk downloads get added to the download list. It's now threaded so it shouldn't stall when you add 1000s of posts in one shot.

https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/downloads.newsbin.com/downloads/beta/nb691B3-5595.exe

Sorry to tell you this but I've just installed the latest beta and tested the above by adding 5K files to the download queue and now the stalling appears worse?

Apologies.
JayPea
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/11/06

Postby Quade » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:50 pm

Tell me about your machine. Mines pretty hefty. I don't even notice when I add 5000.

With 126,000 posts in the post list (last 30 days worth) I just added 6000 images from the "earlmiller" group and it finished feeding the download list in about 10 seconds. No stalling. I could resize the window back and forth the whole time. The files probably average 4-5 megs each.

I added to an empty download list. I never noticed much stall before but I notice none now.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newsbin Version 6 Beta Support