Support new nzb format

Make suggestions for new features.

Moderator: Quade

Support new nzb format

Postby kbja » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 pm

I am told that the reason Newsbin Pro displays some of my new nzb files as random garbage is that it isn't supporting the newer nzb format specification. I am getting these nzbs from nzbGeek. They were all working great until Monday (June 14, 2021), and some still do, but lots now don't. I am currently using Newsbin Pro 6.90B7. Please advise if this story is incorrect. Thank you.
kbja
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Support new nzb format

Postby Quade » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 pm

1 - You have to feed these NZB's directly to the download list. You can't view them in the post list then add them. Not if you want them to work.

2 - I'd update to the latest beta too.

Some of these new NZB's don't contain any visible PAR files but they're still there so the older versions can't find the PAR files.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby kbja » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Thank you Quade. I don't understand your instructions on how to use the nzb files. What I am doing now is clicking "Load NZB (Ctrl F)", and double-clicking on the nzb file I want to load. If I should be doing something different, I'm not clear on what that is. I managed to get 6.90B10 installed, but it is behaving the same. Maybe once I'm clear on how to load nzb files that'll fix it.
kbja
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:00 pm

There's a couple ways to make it work.

1 - Drag and drop the NZB onto Newsbin
2 - Double-click the NZB in Windows.
3 - Set Newsbin to pick up NZB's out of an NZB watch folder. Then save NZB's to this folder.

You don't want to use "Load NZB"

If you want to package up some of these NZB's and send them to ts @ newsbin dot com I can try them out.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby kbja » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:53 pm

OK. I see. I tried the first option, and it appended to my download list. Expanding it showed the same goofy list of strange stuff as when I loaded it my old way. I suppose this is fine, but if I ever (and I often do) want to choose which files to download from the nzb file, I can't. I have to download them all. I also can't choose where to download them to (other than a global download folder I imagine). I tried a couple of files this new way, and they acted like they were having problems (red sections in the segment portions), but they seemed to land OK. I'll send a couple of nzbs your way so you can see what I mean. Thank you again.
kbja
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Postby Quade » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:17 pm

I can't. I have to download them all.

As I said, you can still "Load NZB" to look at them. Many modern NZB's, there's nothing to see and choose from. it's all garbage with no identifiable filenames.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Postby ItsMe » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:42 am

kbja wrote:I also can't choose where to download them to (other than a global download folder I imagine).

Go to Options / Setting / NZB Options and set up multiple 'NZB Watch Folders' with each of them having their own download paths, save the NZB to the folder you want based on where you want it to DL to...
ItsMe
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/29/05

Return to Feature Requests