Files List "Find" -- show only what I'm looking for

Make suggestions for new features.

Moderator: Quade

Files List "Find" -- show only what I'm looking for

Postby playmeforafool » Sat May 14, 2022 2:03 pm

In the "upper" newsgroup window where it lists the postings in a particular newsgroup, if I "Search" for something it narrows down the list of posts and shows me ONLY posts with that search result and hides all of the other postings. This is good! *thumbs up*

However, the "Files List" window is a whole other mess when it comes to find/search -- It would be so much more useful if the "Find" in the "Files List" window did the same thing as the search in the newsgroup post window, rather than just highlighting the particular row. As it is now, I have to scroll down through the entire list of files looking for these highlighted rows. And if I open one of these files (or even just click into this window/select a file/row, all of the highlighted rows go away and I have to perform the find/scroll through the list all over again...

I don't know how difficult that would be to "fix", but that is my wish/feature request. :-)
playmeforafool
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/01/12

Re: Files List "Find" -- show only what I'm looking for

Postby Quade » Sat May 14, 2022 4:59 pm

The reason it doesn't hide is because of how dynamic the list is. With tons of additions and deletions going on when it's active.

One thing you can do is search then hit the "to the top" button which will move all the results to the top.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Feature Requests