Help with loading and downloading NZB files

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Help with loading and downloading NZB files

Postby rmm64 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:57 am

I built a new Windows 11 system and did a clean install of Newsbin Pro 6.90, Build 5524, but now when I load NZB files they automatically download. On my old system, when I loaded an NZB file, it would open in a tab but NOT auto-download. I could then right-click the loaded NZB file and select the DOWNLOAD TO option to manually select the final save folder. This allowed me to sort files and save them to the correct folder I want them in. Since the files auto-download, I had to create a "dump folder" where everything downloads to, then I have to cut/copy the files to the final save folder, which greatly increases the time to process the files.

Yes, I DO have the Settings/NZB Options/Download loaded NZBs checkbox set to NOT checked.

I'd like to have the NZB files load into their own tab with auto-downloading so I can manually set the download paths for each once loaded. I hope this is a simple setting somewhere I'm overlooking, but I don't know what one it could be. Much thank for any help someone can offer.
rmm64
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 05/03/05

Re: Help with loading and downloading NZB files

Postby Quade » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:30 am

Many modern NZB's only work if they're sent directly to the download list. So 6.90 sends them directly to the download list. I'm preparing a new beta, I can consider re-enabling the "add to post list". The problem I see is that people will then complain about the NZB downloads not working.

It's probably not going to be in B1 which I'm trying to get ready right now.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum