New nzb format?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

New nzb format?

Postby orygun » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:36 am

I thought I'd seen a notice (not a topic in the forums) about the new nzb formatting and where it was listed two sites for obtaining them but unable to locate that post. Might have been the MOTD but I don't seem to be able to find even that.

Not a newbie, really, just haven't logged in for ages as the last version has done just about everything I've needed (6.82-5142).

Thanks.
orygun
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/04/04

Re: New nzb format?

Postby Quade » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:52 am

6.90 is built for these new format NZB's. The NZB's themselves haven't changed but how people are posting has changed. For example the NZB will have a list of files with no extension so, you can't tell what's a RAR or PAR.

The MOTD mentioned that 6.90B12 works with these modern obscured NZBs. They do have to be fed directly to the download list to work properly.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby orygun » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:32 am

Thank you. I currently use a service which does not support the new format and a post here mention two services which did- that's what I was looking for. This computer has the updated newsbin because it's only used for nzb processing; my other computer is on a older newsbin which is used for groups.
orygun
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 08/04/04

Postby Quade » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:55 pm

I don't know what you mean by "service" News server don't know anything about the format of the NZB's so, the announcement has nothing to do with news servers.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby StrangeLove » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:47 am

Nm, sorry for my ignorance, I was confusing Beta with Release.

It looks like from the conversation I am downloading this new format. I will be more than happy to email my nzb to you Quade.

Thanks
StrangeLove
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 02/08/13

Return to Newbie Forum