Help Needed After Power Outage

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Help Needed After Power Outage

Postby gumdoc » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, haven't used Newsbin forever so I guess I'm a newbie sort-of. I was downloading a large file with around 900 parts, got to a point where the first 698 or so went fine and had about 2 hours left...and then the power went out. When it finally came back, I reopened Newsbin and it appears to be resuming where it left off...but even though another 50 parts or so show as downloaded, none of those appear in the folder I set up for this. The files list also only shows up to that part 698 but nothing beyond...even though I can see the progress of the remaining parts and they appear to be running, not to mention the new time to complete is 10 hours, 8 hours more than what it was when the power went out, and the speed is around double.

Any idea what could be going on, or better, how to fix this? Worried that I have no idea where those remaining parts are going and will have to start again from scratch.

Any help appreciated!
gumdoc
n00b
n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/11

Re: Help Needed After Power Outage

Postby Quade » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:44 am

What version are you using?

How did you add the download?

If the files are all grouped into a single line, typically a restart doesn't require you to do anything and it'll just work. If they're all individual files, you might just want to let if finish then use "QuickPar" to check and repair the files, if they need repair.

Without seeing it and how the PAR block counts count up, it's hard to know what it's doing.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum