Newsbin Pro 6.9 - Post to Group: Subject Header

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

Newsbin Pro 6.9 - Post to Group: Subject Header

Postby MrMonoxide » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:11 pm

Virtual greetings.

I am having a problem with the subject header when trying to post a binary file to a group.

I only want to include the name of the file in the subject header, but although Newsbin Pro automatically adds the file name to the subject header, it will not allow you to post without adding some other additional text to the subject header, so you end up with the file name and any extra text you were forced to input.

Is there some way to either stop Newsbin Pro from auto adding the file name to the subject header, or, to allow posting with no added extra text and just the auto added name of the binary file? In other words, one or the other, but not both.

Thanks for any help with this.
MrMonoxide
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Newsbin Pro 6.9 - Post to Group: Subject Header

Postby Quade » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:45 pm

Like what kind of text? It's following the "yEnc" standard.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Re: Newsbin Pro 6.9 - Post to Group: Subject Header

Postby MrMonoxide » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:17 am

I wrote a lengthy reply to your request for clarification, but when I selected "Preview", I was returned to the Log-In screen, repeatedly asked anti-bot questions, then finally when I was returned to the my reply, the message pane was blank, and all my hard work deleted.

I think your log-in process has gone haywire.
MrMonoxide
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Return to Newbie Forum