How does one unpin a tab?

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How does one unpin a tab?

Postby calberga » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:48 pm

I accidentally clicked on the "pin" icon in the Search tab, and now it fills the entire tab-space and does not have an x (for exit?) in the upper right corner. The only "choices" I can find are between "floating/dockable/hide/auto hide" none of which seem to have any effect on the tab. How DOES on undo a "pin" request? Just point me to the documentation and I'll be happy (if it works).
calberga
n00b
n00b

Re: How does one unpin a tab?

Postby Quade » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:48 pm

There should be a pin to uncheck.

Worse comes to worst. I you look in the options menu, you can select "Reset Display Layout on Restart" to restore the default layout on restart.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Postby calberga » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Unfortunately, there is no pin to uncheck (just a drop-down indicator which provides the "Floating/Dockable/..." options and a rectangle to set full size or small). The display layout restoration gives me a different set of tabs, but the Search tab is still pinned. What next? Uninstall and reinstall -- that's too painful!
calberga
n00b
n00b

Postby Quade » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:15 am

The search tab should appear in the top set of tabs.You can't close it.
Quade
Eternal n00b
Eternal n00b

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/24/97

Return to Newbie Forum