Page 1 of 1

Possible memory leak question repost #3.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:51 am
by FrankRizzo
6.91RC4.

When I first start the app, the memory footprint is small.
After a download session the memory footprint is large. Even when it returns to idle.

It will eventually consume a gig of RAM at idle. If I close it, and re-open it, it goes back to the small footprint amount.


If you want to know the numbers, check "Possible memory leak question repost #2" the got deleted. Just like the 1st time I asked this question. Never an answer, just a "Delete this message" response.

Re: Possible memory leak question repost #3.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:43 pm
by Quade
Newsbin maintains a cache that grows when downloads happen. It grows to I believe (by default) 200 * the article size. Which is typically 500K to 1 Mb per article. It's a memory cache for the downloaded chunks so they can be written to the disk without first writing them to disk.

You can clear the cache by going onto "Help/About" when Newsbin is idle.