How do I change the location of the NEWSBIN folder (Windows)

There is no such thing as a stupid question here as long as it pertains to using NewsBin. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)

Moderators: Quade, dexter

How do I change the location of the NEWSBIN folder (Windows)

Postby MarvinGardens » Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:03 pm

I am moving to a new PC. When I installed NEWSBIN it put all its configuration stuff in %APPDATA%\Newsbin. I want to put that folder on another drive. I know it’s possible because on my current system it’s in a folder on my D drive. Unfortunately I did this years ago and I forgot what I did

Do I need a mklink? Or a registry hack?

I am not referring to the data folder where Newsbin stores downloaded files. I am referring to the folder where Newsbin.nbi lives.
MarvinGardens
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 9:53 pm

Return to Newbie Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests