YADQ yet another dumb question

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

YADQ yet another dumb question

Postby cybersco » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Yes, I have another dumb question. I somehow frikked up the gui again by a fat finger check, and now can't get the original tabs back to how I want them. Is there a way to get the original tab view back without re-installing(I tried the view menu up top, but cannot get it back to way I had it)? I know this is easy for all of you, but for this old mind....it is damn near impossible. Is it possible to put an 'undo' button for idiots like me? I would like to thank Quade and Dex for a great program! I have one other small question. Is there a way to get the nfo file only from a large nzb file? Thanks for any help. (I should have posted this to noobie section, sorry)
cybersco
Active Participant
Active Participant

Registered Newsbin User since: 12/02/03

Re: YADQ yet another dumb question

Postby DThor » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Don't know about the odds of an undo, but for future reference the standard icon toolbar at the top has a lock icon, once I get things the way I like them, I lock that, and have a lot less grief. It's very easy to yank a pane off it's moorings in everyday use, the lock is useful. You don't need to re-install to reset the GUI - under the Options menu you can select Reset Display Layout on Restart, then next session you can try again. Also, you can redisplay any panes using the View menu, then slide them around, but admittedly it can take a little getting used to the hot areas display, at first I just tended to bite the bullet and reset the display. I'm more use to it now, though, I just unlock and slide things around.

You can use the Load NZBs menu entry under the File menu, that loads up the nzb in a pane, you can expand the display - if it contains an nfo, you can add just that to the download queue.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby BZee » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:15 am

I haven't tried this so I'm not sure it'll work. I believe most of not all of the layout is set in the workspace.xml file, so couldn't you make a copy of this file and revert to it if the layout gets accidentally rearranged?
BZee
Seasoned User
Seasoned User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/13/03

Postby DThor » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 am

Pretty much, the whole point of the menu entry I suggested was to give a less techie, more user friendly method of doing the same thing. You can always back it up, but the thinking was you wouldn't reset it unless you're somehow unhappy with it and just a want to start over. But sure, it never hurts to have a backup.

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Return to V6 Technical Support