Any alternatives to Sick Beard?

Technical support and discussion of Newsbin Version 6 series.

Any alternatives to Sick Beard?

Postby mkanet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 am

I tried using a program called Sick Beard, however, it seems to be hardcoded for only a very limited selection of content providers. I know this is probably unrealistic, but is there an alternative to Sick Beard? I'm sure there are a lot of people needing the same kind of flexibility.
mkanet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Re: Any alternatives to Sick Beard?

Postby DThor » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 am

Google is your friend. There's not a lot of alternatives(i.e. one, assuming you want specifically what sickbeard does to that degree).

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/show ... p?t=684312

DT
V6 Troubleshooting FAQ . V6 docs. Usenet info at Usenet Tools. Thanks!
DThor
Elite NewsBin User
Elite NewsBin User

Registered Newsbin User since: 04/01/03

Postby neofit » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 am

When I first saw sickbeard I was like "where do I click to give money". But when I went to try and find shows with the quality I want, I was glad I didn't give them anything yet. Sickbeard's quality management is a mess, you cannot for instance prioritize between HDTV and Web-DL versions, it will take one randomly and won't even give you a popup with a choice, so it is basically useless afaic.

For alternatives, you may want to look here.
neofit
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Registered Newsbin User since: 10/25/05

Postby mkanet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeah, thats the whole reason I was looking for an alternative. SB forces people to use 720p/720i when in most cases there's original 1080i available.

neofit wrote:When I first saw sickbeard I was like "where do I click to give money". But when I went to try and find shows with the quality I want, I was glad I didn't give them anything yet. Sickbeard's quality management is a mess, you cannot for instance prioritize between HDTV and Web-DL versions, it will take one randomly and won't even give you a popup with a choice, so it is basically useless afaic.

For alternatives, you may want to look Links not allowed for unregistered users.
mkanet
Active Participant
Active Participant

Return to V6 Technical Support